Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Its Fall in the Art Room

Pin It
The leaves have turned and started falling, its getting colder outside, but the art room is aglow with all things fall.  Sometimes I shy away from the typical seasonal projects, but this year I decided to embrace it.  I'm really glad I did, because students have been loving it.

First graders learned about Henri Matisse and created Vegetable/Harvest Collages.  An idea I borrowed from a fabulous art teacher's blog, Mrs. Knight's Smartest Artists.



Second graders are working on Oil Pastel pumpkin drawings.  They learned about using overlapping and how to blend colors.  We also started to practice the concept of creating the illusion of 3-dimensions on our 2-dimensional papers.  I was really amazed at how beautiful these turned out.






No comments:

Post a Comment